Code of Conduct
- I will listen to my coach and follow their rules as well as those of PYSL. I will try to make all practices and games and be on time.
- I will always exhibit good sportsmanship and be respectful of my fellow players (Teamwork).
- I will not argue or be disrespectful to any referee.
- I will respect the coaches and players of the opposing teams and display good sportsmanship at the conclusion of each game. Humble in Victory and Gracious in Defeat.
- I will not use any foul or inappropriate language during any game or practice.
- During practices and games, I will abide by the city ordinances, rules and laws applicable to the field I am on.
- I deserve to play in an environment that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and will not use them on any PYSL-permitted premises or during any event in which PYSL is a participant.
- I have read and understand the Vaqueros Competitive Program (provided at registration/on league website)
- I understand that as a competitive soccer player’s parent, I am making a commitment to ensure my player attends all practices and games on time and to encourage my player to develop good practice, rest, and nutritional habits that will carry over on the field.
- I understand that competitive soccer should take priority over other sports activities.
- I understand that the Coach is responsible for all aspects of the team and their decisions should not be questioned in the presence of any player, parent, referee, or any other spectator. I agree to bring my concerns privately to the coach’s attention only after a 24 hour cooling off period has elapsed.
- I agree to not coach, give directions, or shout instructions, etc to players during practices, clinics, camps, and games. I understand that this is the coach’s responsibility as a professional.
- During soccer games I agree to sit more than ten yards from the field center-line, and back from the sideline so as not to interfere with the job of the Assistant Referee.
- I agree to not negatively engage any referee at any point before, during, or after a game. I understand that interaction with the referee is the coach’s responsibility.
- During practices and games, I will abide by the city ordinances, rules and laws applicable to the field I am on. I will abide by all PYSL rules including not allowing dogs on the practice or game fields.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and will not use them on any PYSL-permitted premises or during any PYSL game or practice.
- I agree to abide by the following rules of PYSL and understand I can be removed from the sidelines on request of the Coach, Team Managers, PYSL Board of Directors Member, or the Refereeing staff and that my child can be removed from their team or suspended from the league for any violation. Incidents where parents receive red cards will be subject to review by the Directors of Coaching and VP of Competitive, and I understand I may be penalized further by sitting out additional games.