Information for Coaches & Parents
If this is your first time, Thank you for volunteering. PYSL wouldn’t be nearly as successful without people like you. Don’t worry if you don’t have any experience–it only takes enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference in the lives of the children on your team.
Requirements to Coach
- All coaches and volunteers must be fingerprinted and cleared through LiveScan before they will be permitted to coach or volunteer. Forms can be obtained by VP of Recreational Soccer
- All Coaches and team parents must take the concussion course through HeadsUp. VP of Recreational Soccer will provide the link and information for completing the class. This must be completed prior to the teams first practice.
- All Coaches, if not previously completed, must complete a short, online coach training course
The Parent Meeting
- Once you have received your player registration and contact information, contact all parents and invite them to join you for an opening team meeting. The meeting can take place as part of your initial practice, or can be a seperate meet and greet. As you invite parents to your meeting, be sure to ask them for permission to put their contact information on a contact sheet.
- Things to cover in the meeting (For more detailed information click here.)
- Introductions / Contact Information/Sheet
- Coaching Philosophy / Goals
- Prepare a Parent Information Sheet – with information about the team and season
- Distribute PYSL Code of Conduct
- Identify Team Volunteers
- Team Snacks
- Team Issues
- Team Schedules