September Note from the President
September 29, 2015
A NOTE FROM THE PRESIDENT!
That sounds a little pretentious, but since many of you don’t know me, I figured “A Note from Scott” might not get very far!
Welcome to another season of PYSL soccer! As of this past weekend, we are now officially under way with league play in both our Recreational and Competitive programs. By all accounts, the season started off very well we have a great three months of soccer to look forward to!
I am going to try to send out little communications like this through the season, though I won’t commit to a particular frequency as I want to make sure I have something worthwhile to share. Read on for highlights from the first edition!
- PYSL is still pioneering some cool and unique projects, some of which you may not know about!
- We have a new website and increasingly active Facebook page (like us, please!)
- We began an association with the Positive Coaching Alliance this year! Your coaches have had the chance to attend a meeting with them and there should be an open meeting for parents to attend soon! Check out the Link to the Positive Coaching Alliance from our website!!
- We are in YEAR 3 of our ZTP program addressing sideline demeanor and conduct towards referees. To the best of my knowledge, we are the only such program in the immediate area that has undertaken his program. For more information, contact Stephanie Evans (VP of Recreational).
- I apologize for any inconvenience that may have been imposed by our Heat Policy, but over the last few years we have tried to be proactive in protecting our kids, especially the very young, from Heat Stress. In the last four years I believe we have only lost a total of eight days to heat. In that same time we have had ZERO kids in PYSL affected by Heat Stress. We will take that trade off any day!
- HEADS UP!! For those of you who have been in our league for some time, you will recall that our picture day event has historically been just that – an event. Fundraising, eating, games, etc., have been the norm. We wanted to let you know that there have been some changes in permitting and other restrictions that have caused a dramatic change in this years’ picture day. We will still be taking the pictures at Lake Poway and we will still have to take buses in, but there will not be the usual party inside the park. If you would like to spend a day at the lake with your family, that is awesome! Our official picture day will be just that, however – pictures. We will hope to have a new plan in place next year – potentially a new venue – but for this year we have had to limit the day to pictures only. We hope the day is beautiful and that you enjoy the awesome surroundings – and at least you’ll have the rest of your day free!!
Thanks for reading and I’ll be in touch again in the near future! Plan on seeing some information on the upcoming changes to the world of soccer and how PYSL will be taking the lead in 2016!